BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Basement Academy (3rd day)

WOW.

Time really does fly when you're having the time of your life! And I'm loving every minute of it. :)

I was quite satisfied with my look for the third day, which was one-color smoky (which is a subtle smoky). It's like the instant noodle of makeup. Depth and drama is created, with the use of one pigmented black eyeshadow. And the best thing is that my model loved it!!

Tips when doing a (subtle) smoky eye:

-skip on the foundation and powder first ( except on the lids), so that unwanted pigment will not settle anywhere else on the face.

-for droopy eyes, utilize the "winged effect" to lift it up.

-4U2 ( available in Watson's) is really a pigmented black. and very cheap too!

-use light/nude lipcolor to balance the dark eyes, (MAC in Blankety gives a really nice pinkish nude color)

BEFORE

AFTER


What I used:
Face:
Lorea'l Tru Match Foundation in Golden Beige
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC35
ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder (tone 4)

Eyes:
4u2 Dream Girl Quad (Black)
The Face Shop brow powder
The Balm Mascara
Prestige Eyeliner in Black
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Lips:
MAC (amplified) in Blankety

My friends from LCI dropped by with their BF's which made the night extra fun. Kate, which sells MAC products also stopped by, which made us hover over her like bees to honey. ..and the lowered prices made her extra sweet! lol. My friends and I all trooped to JJ's Inasal after class, and once the food were served, it was gone in like, a snap. Yes, a snap. (Sisig rice was definitely an "I will return" food)

I learned a lot on my third day, especially with eyeshapes and eyebrows. Make-up has a technique, and at the same time a rythm to it, that must mesh well together. Considering the face structure, shapes, features, etc, is always the first step in make-up application.

On to my fourth day in class!

Love,

Maru

0 comments: